Number of quote levels available?

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

I searched my ACP for 'quote' and 'quoting' but didn't find anything. 

I thought I had limited my quoting level to 1. Meaning, if user A posts something, and user B quotes user A and answers, and I try to quote the whole post by user B, only what B wrote is inside the quote in my post, it automatically strips the quote from A. 

Now this works for me, limiting my quote to only whoever I'm quoting, and not who they had quoted. 

And yet I just saw a regular member quote someone's quote...

I'm not sure where to go to double-check my settings? 

Edited by David N.

• Solution
4 minutes ago, David N. said:

I thought I had limited my quoting level to 1. Meaning, if user A posts something, and user B quotes user A and answers, and I try to quote the whole post by user B, only what B wrote is inside the quote in my post, it automatically strips the quote from A. 

Now this works for me, limiting my quote to only whoever I'm quoting, and not who they had quoted. 

Like that? If so, it's probably simply a case of them quoting the content then copying the quote and pasting into an existing quote...and rinse/repeat.

Quoting works the way you see it - 1 level. But there are ways around it, as mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:
2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

searched my ACP for 'quote' and 'quoting' but didn't find anything. 

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

But there are ways around it, as mentioned.

8 minutes ago, David N. said:

Now this works for me

Like that? If so, it's probably simply a case of them quoting the content then copying the quote and pasting into an existing quote...and rinse/repeat.

Quoting works the way you see it - 1 level. But there are ways around it, as mentioned.

Got it, thanks. 🙂