How to create a private community?

Hello

I have to create a website for a club but only registered members will be able to see the content. Maintenance mode is very practical but problematic because when I need to update the website I have to block the site with htaccess or modify the DNS. My second problem is that even if the website is in maintenance mode, the robots manage to index content that has never been made public, which is very problematic.

My question is how to create a private community that is only accessible to members without activating maintenance mode who blocks the future member's ability to pay for the subscription?

Edited by NoSpy

If you disable the guest group from accessing the site, nobody, not even search engines, will see the content.

If you also want to control who registers and can see the content, enable the admin validation for new accounts. Or you can disable new registrations, and manually add the accounts for the club if they're only a few. Or only allow certain email domains to register if your club has a specific domain for all members.

21 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

If you disable the guest group from accessing the site, nobody, not even search engines, will see the content.

If you also want to control who registers and can see the content, enable the admin validation for new accounts. Or you can disable new registrations, and manually add the accounts for the club if they're only a few. Or only allow certain email domains to register if your club has a specific domain for all members.

Hi could you explain how i can enable admin validation for new accounts please?

Thanks

Sean