Bounce management with Amazon SES

I hope somebody has been in a similar situation, and can give me any advice. 

The project in question is over 20 years old. It is still very busy with 1,000 online users at a time. There are over 300,000 users registered during past years. I assume that at least 50% of the email addresses are not valid anymore. But this is just an assumption, I have no idea indeed. I am going to switch to Amazon SES and use bounce management by stoo.

QUESTION: if I send out 300,000 e-mails as bulk email and half of them will bounce, what will happen to my Amazon SES account then? Will they cancel it? Is there any solution to check and mark non-active emails before sending out bulk emails?

Thanks,

I would recommend only sending bulk mails to members that have visited your site in the last 1 year (2 years at the absolute most). Otherwise, you're likely to get many spam complaints from working addresses. AWS will suspend your ability to use SES if there are a lot of spam complaints or bounces.

2 hours ago, Sonya* said:

But this is just an assumption, I have no idea indeed.

Might be worth testing it by collecting the bounces for your next newsletter in a new mailbox and then checking the number of mails in that mailbox a week later. 

But yeah, the bounce rate will likely be very high and probably too high for Amazon.