Sign-in as member from ACP having issues in frontend

WebCMS

I remember these were working fine but now, Sign in as <user> from within ACP is having issues in the frontend.

After signing in as user from ACP, it displays in the frontend as "Admin as user" in the top-right menu.

When changing Notifications, it switches back to Admin account very frequently resulting in changing admin's settings without our knowledge instead of user's settings which is frustrating as we have to reset admin's notifications back to what they were and we never know if we changed the user's settings or not.

Refreshing the page from Notifications sometimes switches back to Admin.

Switch back to Admin option logs out of both accounts instead of staying logged-in as admin.

Not able to use the Sign in as User feature.

Edited by WebCMS

16 hours ago, WebCMS said:

When changing Notifications, it switches back to Admin account very frequently resulting in changing admin's settings without our knowledge instead of user's settings which is frustrating as we have to reset admin's notifications back to what they were and we never know if we changed the user's settings or not.

Could you please let me know what exactly you are changing? Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce this when changing a notification setting myself.

This also can be done via the ACP so there is no need to login as the user as well.

11 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Could you please let me know what exactly you are changing? Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce this when changing a notification setting myself.

This also can be done via the ACP so there is no need to login as the user as well.

Was changing moderator notifications. When I click and edit settings in the bottom tabs (Live Topics, Event Reminders, Newsletter), and go back to Moderation notifications tab, it switches back to Admin account (admin's notification settings have some extra radio buttons and that's when we know it switched to admin). You can see this by refreshing the notifications page. Sometimes, when I do "Sign as user" from ACP, it directly loads the new page logged in as Admin instead of "Admin as user". Switch to Admin sometimes works but sometimes logs out of Admin account completely.

That's what I ended up doing.

Unfortunately, this is not something which I can reproduce. When logging in as a moderator under the ACP, I am able to switch these notification settings. Refresh the page, still logged in as the moderator. Then switch back to our administrator account and login as a new moderator. Do the same action, refresh and try again. All acting as it should and keeping the session.

I would advise clearing your cookies and local storage on your browser if you continue to have issues. However, make these changes via the user's profile in the ACP is the way to make these changes as an administrator. You will not want to login in as every single user 🙂