Config Error When Sending Alert to User Upon Moving Blog Entry

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I just came across some kind of configuration error when trying to move a Blog Entry from one Blog to another. The error is below (root dir info removed):

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\blog\Entry::sendModerationAlert() (0)
#0 [dir]/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\blog\modules\front\blogs\_entry->IPS\blog\modules\front\blogs\{closure}()
#1 [dir]/uploads/template_68_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php(879): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#2 [dir]/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global->box()
#3 [dir]/applications/blog/modules/front/blogs/entry.php(449): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#4 [dir]/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\blog\modules\front\blogs\_entry->move()
#5 [dir]/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 [dir]/applications/blog/modules/front/blogs/entry.php(64): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 [dir]/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\blog\modules\front\blogs\_entry->execute()
#8 [dir]/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Here are the steps I took to get this:

• Locate Blog Entry
  • Select 'Move'
  • Choose destination Blog ("Fan Made")
  • On destination Category page, check 'Send Alert to User', write Subject and Message.
  • Check 'Anonymous', hit 'Send'
  • Message above appears

It seems that the Blog Entry still moved to the intended destination regardless, but I obviously have no way of knowing if the User ever received the Alert I wrote (I had to move two Blog Entries from the same person, when I tried to send an Alert for the second Entry the Message textarea "restored" the text from the last Message I tried to send, which suggests to me that IC4 failed to deliver the first Message to the User).

• 2 months later...