Member email blocked…

I received a PM from a Member of my Board that he was suddenly getting a NOTICE about rejected emails from me or the Board. He wasn’t very specific but thought I was asking him to change his email address. 

I went to his membership data and saw that his email address was in red with a warning icon. When clicked a field opened saying something about this email bouncing off the Cloud Server enough times to block it. Or something to that effect. I should have screen shot that. I was then able to unblock it. I’ve been running this Board for 22 years and this Invision software for 8 years and have never encountered this before.

Questions:

Why exactly does this email blocking happen to certain email addresses?

Is this a new security feature since the last software update?

Once unblocked can I expect this particular email address to be blocked again in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Why exactly does this email blocking happen to certain email addresses?

This is because the recipient email is not accepting the messages being sent from our server.

Is this a new security feature since the last software update?

This has been in place for a while. See the blog on this from back in April last year

Once unblocked can I expect this particular email address to be blocked again in the future?

You can if the same issue occurs. For example, if their server is then rejecting it. They need to ensure the email address is valid, and that its not being blocked in any way. Adding to whitelist for example, so its not marked as spam.