PHP "dangerous functions enabled" message is showing after 8.0 update (even after host fixed them)

Hi there, having two major issues with updating: in order to update to the newest version of Invision Community, we updated our php for the website to 8.0.30 from 7.4 . 

We also followed the hosting provider (Siteground)'s instructions to remove the PHP functions that were deemed dangerous. That error message has not gone away despite their confirming we had done it correctly.

I am still not able to update to the new version of Invision, and I'm getting this error message:

1C287/2 You are running PHP version 7.3.33. You need PHP 8.0.0 or above. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for an upgrade.

Sounds like you either have a secondary PHP configuration in place in your community directory, how you’re implementing them is only taking effect in one directory, or you have opcache or something delaying the configuration. You would want to contact your hosting provider for assistance 

Thanks @Jim M - Another issue that we noticed is happening:

On our Invision community admin page we are getting this error message: 

Public Display of PHP Errors Enabled

Your server is set to display PHP errors. This is not recommended for production environments as it may cause sensitive information to be publicly disclosed. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator and ask them to set the display_errors PHP setting to Off.  

What’s weird is this setting is already turned off for the server on Siteground.  Any help/insight greatly appreciated!

@Jim M Ok, we'll get on that and let you know.

One final thing:  I got a Google alert that my posts in this forum are findable on Google, not only to fellow Community members here. Are they supposed to be public to the world?
If my posts will be searchable publicly then I do not want my name on them. Please advise how I can change this, I wasn't able to do it on my end. Thank you!

On 12/22/2023 at 8:55 PM, Ranya Renee Fleysher said:

@Jim M Ok, we'll get on that and let you know.

One final thing:  I got a Google alert that my posts in this forum are findable on Google, not only to fellow Community members here. Are they supposed to be public to the world?
If my posts will be searchable publicly then I do not want my name on them. Please advise how I can change this, I wasn't able to do it on my end. Thank you!

Yes. This is a public community intended to be a support community for our software. You can change your display name as you would on your own by going to Account Settings > Display Name.