How to create a custom Zapier

Hello,

I am trying to do a very simple thing with Zapier.

I want to add a new member to a newsletter list in aWeber marketing software. However, when I am logged in to my ACP, I can't see any options. See the screenshot below. The only option available is to Create your own workflow. What does that mean?

Could contain: Computer, Electronics, Pc, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, File, Page, Text

When I log in Zapier, I can see there are many options, even the one to add a new member from Invision to the newsletter list. Why isn't that option displayed in my ACP? Is that how it works? I have to do it from within Zapier? I see other ACP tools with many options, but AWeber does not.

My questions are:

• Can I create my own rules? Like I want to add new members to List X? Or unsubscribe from List X?
  • Can new triggers be created for the Invision Community? Products and subscriptions are not available, and those are very important to many communities like me. Triggers like when a user buys a product/subscription (choosing the product would be great) THEN add user to aWeber List X

Are these things possible? Can individual users like me create them, or does Invision or Aweber need to create those triggers for them to be available? 

One last question. I see I can create my own workflow... So I thought, ok, the products are not available as a trigger but then we have primary and secondary groups.

I always use secondary groups for the purchases of courses and memberships. However, Zapier only displayed the group's ID. How do I know the ID for every primary and secondary groups in ACP

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Edited by OptimusBain

I forgot to ask something else, sorry.

I see Zapier offers me the possibility to enter email and email. But how do I enter the user group?

Could contain: Page, Text

I see that I can add multiple variables in the email and name fields. Should I add the user group in the name field as well? Because it lets me add multiple variables there. Is that the way to do it? See the screenshot below.

Is this the way I should do it? Under the Name field, I added Name: and Secondary Group.

So, if a user buys Product X, I will add him to Secondary Group X. Will the Zapier add that user correctly?

Thanks

Could contain: Page, Text, Number, Symbol

If the application which you are attempting to send data to is in Zapier, I would simply create a Zap in Zapier and include the data which you want to send to the application to create the record in the system. As long as the data passed works for you, there is no wrong combination of data to send.

16 hours ago, Jim M said:

If the application which you are attempting to send data to is in Zapier, I would simply create a Zap in Zapier and include the data which you want to send to the application to create the record in the system. As long as the data passed works for you, there is no wrong combination of data to send.

Sorry, but I am not sure I understood what you meant exactly 😞

6 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

Sorry, but I am not sure I understood what you meant exactly 😞

The integrations and data that you can insert into systems would wildly vary depending on those integrations. IE above you're asking whether or not you should add group to name. I am stating, it would be whatever provides you value within that application and accomplish what you're seeking to use it for. There is no wrong answer.

I will answer some of your other questions more directly if that helps

On 12/16/2023 at 1:51 AM, OptimusBain said:

Why isn't that option displayed in my ACP? Is that how it works? I have to do it from within Zapier? I see other ACP tools with many options, but AWeber does not.

I would advise creating Zaps in Zapier if you're confused by what is in the ACP. There really is limited difference.

Can I create my own rules? Like I want to add new members to List X? Or unsubscribe from List X?

You would need to use the available triggers provided. Otherwise, there would need customization.

Can new triggers be created for the Invision Community? Products and subscriptions are not available, and those are very important to many communities like me. Triggers like when a user buys a product/subscription (choosing the product would be great) THEN add user to aWeber List X

This is not something currently available and would require customization.

On 12/16/2023 at 2:08 AM, OptimusBain said:

So, if a user buys Product X, I will add him to Secondary Group X. Will the Zapier add that user correctly?

This would depend on the trigger which is triggering the Zap. If the purchase is done on creation and the trigger is a fully validated account, yes. Otherwise, if purchase happens after the trigger, no.