Setting to force newline before and after an inserted image?

Go to solution Solved by teraßyte,

I see this constantly on my sites and wind up going in and manually editing posts whenever I do see it.  Members just randomly insert images between text or at the end of a line of text and the formatting gets all wonky and disrupted.  Is there any way to set something in the software where I can force a return line before and after every image?

Example like this  Could contain: Astronomy, Outer Space, Planet, Moon, Nature, Night, Outdoors Then they continue on here

or down here

Edited by Clover13

• Solution

If you want to update all images regardless, you can add this CSS to your theme:

img.ipsImage.ipsImage_thumbnailed {
    display: block;
}

This will move all images to a new line, even ones left inline on purpose, though.

Instead, if you want the editor to add a new line before and after the image only when first inserting it, you'll need a custom modification since it requires altering how the javascript works.

17 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

If you want to update all images regardless, you can add this CSS to your theme:

img.ipsImage.ipsImage_thumbnailed {
    display: block;
}

This will move all images to a new line, even ones left inline on purpose, though.

Instead, if you want the editor to add a new line before and after the image only when first inserting it, you'll need a custom modification since it requires altering how the javascript works.

The CSS did the trick, just added some top and bottom margin to give little better spacing between the image and additional text or images.  Thanks @teraßyte 👍