How to Set Up a Custom Domain?

Wim .
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello everyone,

I've been doing quite a bit of research, trying to wrap my head around setting up a custom domain for my website. Despite my best efforts, I'm finding it a bit challenging.

Imagine I want to use 'thisismyforum.nl' as a custom domain (just an example, not the real one). Setting up a custom domain seems like a bit of a puzzle right now.

If there's anyone out there who can break down the process in a straightforward way, I'd truly appreciate your assistance. Simple steps, quick tips, or a basic guide would be a tremendous help.

On our Cloud, it's a pretty simple process. The first step is obviously, you need to purchase your domain. Then you can go to Client Area -> My Purchases -> click your package -> Change Domain. Insert your domain there, it will give you the nameservers to change at your domain registrar (where you bought your domain). Our team will receive the request and should the nameservers be set, we will make the change so your community loads over your domain. 

If you have questions on how to set your nameservers, contacting your domain registrar is the best step as they all can be slightly different 🙂 .

If you want to use a sub-domain, the process is slightly different but sounds like you want to use a root domain so we won't go into that process 🙂 .

Alright. The problem is with strato (domain host) then. They said i need to contact you. Now I keep getting this message: An error has occurred. The specified nameserver is not responsible for this domain.

Edited by Joshua_

• Solution
40 minutes ago, Joshua_ said:

Alright. The problem is with strato (domain host) then. They said i need to contact you. Now I keep getting this message: An error has occurred. The specified nameserver is not responsible for this domain.

I have responded in your ticket. Please be sure to reply there for further info 🙂