Moving attachments files to S3 stuck at 65.21%

On my self-hosted v4.712, I decided to move all post image data to an S3 bucket a couple of days ago.

It was progressing as expected, but the dashboard shows progress stuck at 65.21%.

One thing I have been doing is uploading some of the attachment folders manually to the S3 bucket because we have so many attachments, but I don't know whether that has interfered.

I have tried clearing system caches. Cloudflare has been disabled through this entire process.

I click to manually run the tasks now, it spins for a few seconds and the errors out with an HTTP 500 error. A refresh then shows the same dashboard status:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Edited by MisterBlister

22 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would need to check what that 500 Internal Server Error is. If you are unsure how to obtain this, please contact your hosting provider.

Hi, it seems I needed to up my memory_limit in PHP to 512MB for those manual tasks to work.

PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 351229400 bytes) in /opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs/system/File/FileSystem.php

Having done that, the progress on moving has increased now.

I will update this post tonight or tomorrow when the uploads finish.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:00 PM, Jim M said:

Yep, these tasks are pretty resource intensive so not surprising. Glad things are moving again 🙂 

So it finished, but....it never deleted the moved images, so I am in a dilemma knowing what I can delete from my uploads folder (which is 98% full on my server). I realized quickly I cannot delete everything because there are user icons and thumbnails, etc.

Any tips on how I can delete all the attachments from my local server now that they've been moved to S3 without deleting other items?