MySQL Processes Pinning CPU Usage over 100%

Starting about 5 days ago, something has started pinning CPU usage over 100% when it is typically averages under 50%.   It is making the site very slow and unresponsive. I've turned off every other website running to narrow it down to IP Board.   I'm using Cloudron to manage the sites.  If I restart the container running the board, it will get responsive for a short term before it starts to bog down again.  

Have done no changes recently to the website or configuration.   If I run htop, I can see a mysqld process running at high cpu usage, and it will keep running for days if I don't restart the server.  When I log into mysql, I can't see any queries running that match that.  

Have had the Cloudron folks take a look at this, and they think it is something with the board software.  Can't see anything wrong on their end.

Any thoughts on next steps on this?

16 minutes ago, MorningBigBlue said:

Starting about 5 days ago, something has started pinning CPU usage over 100% when it is typically averages under 50%.

Something has caused the sike, as it doesn't happen out of nowhere. High CPU is caused by inefficient queries. (poorly indexed or poorly designed) queries,

I would start as adviced by Adriano, to disable all third party plugins/apps and see if it will help. If it does, enable them one at a time until you find the culprit.

What is the value set to for join_buffer_size?

Turned them all off,  wasn't until I turned off the Forums app that it had any effect.   Turned it back on and CPU usage spiked again.  Was up and down for a bit, but seems to be stuck at > 100% again.   Similar behaviour to a restart.

join_buffer_size is 262144

Edited by MorningBigBlue