Profile and Topic Views Increments by 8

Lordest

It actually adds a single record to the views table, which is counted periodically. I would suggest disabling all 3rd party items first of all, and if you are running any caching, I would disable that also for testing

22 hours ago, Lordest said:

Every time a user visits a profile, the profile's visit count increases by 8.

How can I fix it? It's peculiar, I think the PHP code increments the visit count runs 8 times on profile visits.

What was the latest change/modification done to the forum before this started to happen?

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Hi, I've updated the access information.

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Taking a look at your system there, I notice you are using cron at present. Please could you check and ensure you are not running this more than once on the server?

I created that cron recently... After this error occurred. So, probably not because of that. Thanks a lot for your help btw.

Also checked the cron job, it runs once a minute. No problem.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Make sure you haven't a browser extension to reload the page. Every time it reloads, it adds one record in the core_view_updates table.

I don't have that kind of an extension, also this problem is currently valid for all the members, not just for me. It's too weird.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Make sure you haven't a browser extension to reload the page. Every time it reloads, it adds one record in the core_view_updates table.

Also core_view_updates table looks like this.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

9 minutes ago, Lordest said:

Also core_view_updates table looks like this.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

That will increase only 1 view in the topic ID 95.

So it's a start to know that there aren't several records for the same topic in the table.

Here I pressed F5 a few times in same topic:

MzXAZlO.png

So it will increase in 5 the number of views.

Edited by Adriano Faria

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

That will increase only 1 view in the topic ID 95.

So it's a start to know that there aren't several records for the same topic in the table.

Only this one record exists in the table.

Sorry I just checked again, yea it adds 8 records for each view:

Could contain: Page, Text, Number, Symbol

Edited by Lordest