Test Install

I have a live version up and running (its due a few maintenance updates) but I want to create a test install as a back up. I have the backup database on a different sub domain but when you go through the install it recognizes that there is already an Invision Community Installed in that database and asks either to choose a different database or use a table prefix.

So the question is how to I get the test install working with the backup database.

Any help would be great.

So just a quick update, found a post that explains what to do, so instead of a fresh install i created a copy of the production site and edited the conf_global.php to point to the correct URL database, user, password etc. 

Question is, where do i put the TESTINSTALL for the license, do I need that for a copy or would it run of the same primary license?

In System>Settings>License key you would edit this and add your key with -TESTINSTALL at the end. With your license, you are allowed 1 live instance, and 1 test instance which must not be accessible to the public

So for example. If your key was 123abc then your test key is 123abc-TESTINSTALL