Help! Upgraded to latest, now unusable, won't render!

Hi

I hope you can help.

I upgraded my site to the latest Invision Community v4.7.10. The upgrade seemed to go ok, but when logging in, even in admin, nothing is rendered correctly. All style info is missing.

I cleared my system cache in Invision admin. I purged my CDN (Stackpath). Disabled 3rd party plugins. Disabled 3rd party Apps.

Then I noticed that Chatbox+ has a pending update. Unfortunately, I am not logged in to the marketplace. This incorrectly functioning admin area displays the login button, but clicking does absolutely nothing. So I can't update. I thought just disabling the app would work but, no dice.

I hope I don't need to uninstall Chatbox+ and re-install it as I would lose history and settings.

I also tried the default theme, same deal.

In summary, the community is not working. Admin and front end are not rendering.

Ideas and suggestions are very welcome!

Cheers

John

=> https://forums.songstuff.com

Edited by Songstuff

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cache? 

Yes. I have tried accessing from 4 desktop browsers, and from Safari on iOS. All are ok as a guest, but fall over when you sign in.

As Chatbox+ is only available for members, I thought that might be it. although it is disabled I thought maybe something still be breaking it

Edited by Songstuff

First, turn off the CDN to make sure it is not interfering with anything.  I see your site online.  It looks like chatbox is still turned on?  

But again, I don't see errors as I browse around.  

It's possible bad JS or other files are cached at your CDN.  Since we would both be connected to different CDN servers, my server may not have the bad files. 

A purge of the CDN might solve it.  (That's also why turning off the CDN is a good thing to do when troubleshooting so you eliminate it as a potential problem.)

Edited by Randy Calvert

Hi Randy

First let me thank you for taking time to reply.

I’ve been working away on the problem and eventually worked out the problem. At least I know what was wrong and I think I worked out how it happened. What looks like it was wrong was the WAF at Stackpath. It had closed down some IP’s for suspicious behaviour, mine included. When I ran the upgrade I cleared the invision cache and I cleared the CDN. My IP address was not my normal ip address and I suspect the sudden  burst of request triggered the WAF. I’m not sure why it affected more than one IP address, but it did. I added my new IP to the whitelist and it seems to be working. I’ve tested it myself from different computers/tablets/mobiles and have checked with site mods and all seems to be well.

Doh!

Cheers

John