Marketplace ReDownload App | Not Allow?

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Hello, I have an application I have gotten and wanted to re-download it as I did some work on my website. When I go to the application to download I can't do so as it just says renew first before I can redownload it even an older version.. I thought the buyer was allowed to download the resource I bought. I just wanted to understand if I'm understanding it correctly or not.

Edited by ZakRhyno

• Solution

If you purchased an application that has a renewal cost, you would need to have the renewal paid to download it again.  

You can renew it by visiting:

https://invisioncommunity.com/clients/purchases/

You don’t have to purchase the entire app again, but the subscription does need to be current to access it again. (If it was already installed, you could have kept using it.  But if it’s downloaded again… it must be active.)

Basically if the purchase expires, you can’t get support for it or download it.   But if it is running on your site, it won’t turn off or things like that. 

1 minute ago, Randy Calvert said:

If you purchased an application that has a renewal cost, you would need to have the renewal paid to download it again.  

You can renew it by visiting:

https://invisioncommunity.com/clients/purchases/

You don’t have to purchase the entire app again, but the subscription does need to be current to access it again. (If it was already installed, you could have kept using it.  But if it’s downloaded again… it must be active.)

In the past when we had to install it ourselves via our websites I made makeup copies of the applications I have gotten for such a reason. Is this way of doing things not even an option anymore?

The marketplace has been inside the ACP since version 4.5.  

You cannot download standalone versions of marketplace files directly.  The resource author MIGHT possibly send the file to you directly, but that would mean it can no longer be updated from the ACP anymore because it's a manually installed application at that point.  

If you want support for it, meaning access to the author for technical assistance or for downloading it...  the best solution is to pay the renewal fee for the application.