I need some advice please

LindsayFL

I am getting inundated in every Forum with SPAM!  I thought my Billing twice a year included SPAM protection at least a little bit.
Please help me!
My husband, LGJ, is in the hospital on a respirator for the past 4 days, and I did not even know about all of this spam until one of the members of my Forums notified me! 

Then I checked my email and Lo and behold every hour another notification...

"HeatherG  613
Started conversation: 8 hours ago · IP 

Lindsay

Please help us.  This is a sacred place.  This is my second home.
Someone is just sitting and posting nonsense in the forums area. 
What is happening in the topics area?  It's all airlines and avast." 

It is not "Just Someone"!!!!  It is a Batch of Spammers hitting on my Forums!!!!!
Please help me, I am w/o a webmaster and I cannot think except I keep flagging them, but they just keep coming in droves daily!!!!

I cannot keep this up, I am at the Hospital hoping dear lord that my husband gets off this respirator!!!!  It is not covid, it is his heart, and kidneys!

Lindsay Reday

Member of IPB since 2004

Edited by LindsayFL

It is worth noting that there has been quite a lot of spam around lately. While we have some decent spam measures in the software, nothing will ever be perfect, and there will be times where sites will be targeted.

This said, in the first instance, please update your site to the latest release of the platform. Once you have done that, update your access details on file, and I can certainly review what you have set there, in order to advise

17 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It is worth noting that there has been quite a lot of spam around lately. While we have some decent spam measures in the software, nothing will ever be perfect, and there will be times where sites will be targeted.

This said, in the first instance, please update your site to the latest release of the platform. Once you have done that, update your access details on file, and I can certainly review what you have set there, in order to advise

Mark, 

I wish it was that simple for me. 

If I knew those technical aspects of my Forums I would certainly do that.  As I said, I have no help to upgrade at this time

Lindsay.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 10:19 PM, LindsayFL said:

Mark, 

I wish it was that simple for me. 

If I knew those technical aspects of my Forums I would certainly do that.  As I said, I have no help to upgrade at this time

Lindsay.

If you would like, you can send me a message here and I can help you get upgraded fee of charge. You are still in the clients group, so I believe your license should still be active.

1 minute ago, Makoto said:

If you would like, you can send me a message here and I can help you get upgraded fee of charge. You are still in the clients group, so I believe your license should still be active.

This is a very nice offer 🙂 

1 hour ago, LindsayFL said:

Mark Stridgen,

I am certainly a member of this community since 2004 and pay my dues twice a year.  What more must I do for help? 

Lindsay Reday

Unfortunately, we do not provide upgrade services. While we can direct you in how to upgrade, we are unable to do this on your behalf.

To explain. Upgrading is a case of selecting the upgrade button within your admin CP, however as you are on a version prior to 4.7, it would likely involve ensuring you are on PHP 8, and ensuring that any 3rd party items you have are compatible. Those are items you would need your hosting company for, and would need to update 3rd party items for. Even if we were to do the upgrade, those items would still need to occur

If you are having issues on your hosting side of things on running your site, you may actually be better off on our cloud solution. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 3:52 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Unfortunately, we do not provide upgrade services. While we can direct you in how to upgrade, we are unable to do this on your behalf.

To explain. Upgrading is a case of selecting the upgrade button within your admin CP, however as you are on a version prior to 4.7, it would likely involve ensuring you are on PHP 8, and ensuring that any 3rd party items you have are compatible. Those are items you would need your hosting company for, and would need to update 3rd party items for. Even if we were to do the upgrade, those items would still need to occur

If you are having issues on your hosting side of things on running your site, you may actually be better off on our cloud solution. 

I am not having issues with Hosting, what do you charge for Hosting may I ask?

On 2/20/2023 at 8:31 AM, Makoto said:

That is so sweet of youMakoto!💓

I may have to take you up on it as I do know that my site is compatible, I just do not have a Tech ATM, but I am hoping as someone said they would help.

My host gave me the wrong info!  I am in a terrible state of mind right now.

-Lindsay

11 hours ago, LindsayFL said:

I am not having issues with Hosting, what do you charge for Hosting may I ask?

It's a SAAS solution we offer (software as a service). Meaning that you would simply concentrate on running your site, and that alone. When you click on upgrade, it just does it. You dont need to think about what PHP versions things are running etc. The pricing you can find here

https://invisioncommunity.com/buy

Note, we can of course get you over there free of charge if you decided to go in that direction, and may even be able to offer credit for your self hosted license if you wish.

Feel free to reach out directly if you have any further questions.

11 hours ago, LindsayFL said:

That is so sweet of youMakoto!💓

I may have to take you up on it as I do know that my site is compatible, I just do not have a Tech ATM, but I am hoping as someone said they would help.

My host gave me the wrong info!  I am in a terrible state of mind right now.

-Lindsay

This is a prime example of what I mean by "hosting issues". We know people who run communities, want to do just that, and not mess with the hosting side of it.