Reported Post Email Notifications Not Being Sent (To Some Mods)

Dave MacDonald
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

We've recently moved our forum to a new server, applied all the latest updates to 4.7.5, and we've changed our SMTP gateway, so a lot of stuff has changed.

Everything working well except one thing. Some of the mods, not all of them, are no longer receiving notifications of reported content.

Until a couple of days ago no mods were receiving the notifications but I went to the support section on the forum and found there was a patch to apply for this very reason so I've applied that and now some of the mod team are receiving them and some are not.

In the email error log I can see the emails in question sat there, and I can release them manually and they are delivered but I'm getting no reason why they weren't automatically delivered.

The same mods are receiving all other forum email notifications fine, like topics they follow, digest emails etc...

I'm stumped and need help!

Thanks for the reply. I've installed 4.7.6 tonight but same problem remains.

Emails go to some of the moderating team, but 4 of them don't receive anything and I can see the emails in "Email Errors" in the Support section where I can successfully resend them.

I've even had those mods switch off email notifications then switch it back on, but it does not want to send them to those mods and I do not know why!

This is what appears in the logs (we use an SMTP gateway to send our emails)

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Dave MacDonald

• Solution

If they are appearing in the Email Error log, that would indicate an issue with connecting your SMTP server rather than the software. As you can see there is an error of 421 Service not available... That is coming from your SMTP server. Please reach out to your email provider for assistance.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

If they are appearing in the Email Error log, that would indicate an issue with connecting your SMTP server rather than the software. As you can see there is an error of 421 Service not available... That is coming from your SMTP server. Please reach out to your email provider for assistance.

Yeah I can see that error, it only seems to apply to emails relating to reports but I will go round the loop with the SMTP provider.