Experience with S3 backup options?

I am creating a community which will eventually have a huge amount of Gallery images stored on S3. I understand S3 it is a reliable service but I still need a backup to protect the data against hacking, misconfigurations, human errors and so on. 

There seem to be many options. Versioning, bucket mirroring, AWS Backup (with tons of options), copies to external providers … Does anyone have any experience with these? I’m a little overwhelmed by all the options at the moment. 

I have used S3 storage and Back-ups to a bucket for several years (since 2016)and it works very well. I have one bucket in Frankfurt - thats my main bucket, and cross region replication to a bucket in West-Virginia. 

I notice that my back-up now is 303 000 images and size is 55 Gb, while my main bucket is slightly less. I very rarely access the buckets - never need to, but I guess a cross region replication could be in use in case of a fire in the cloudservice or if a software on your forum accidentally delete all images. I pay very little for the service - max 20 usd a month with 8000 daily users on my sites.

My bucket looks like this, and it is easy to find object and show versions and so on..  

Could contain: Page, Text, File