New email not testing properly

RocketFoot

OK, if using PHP, the email address domain should be the same domain as your site domain, or an email domain which your site is authorized to send mail on behalf of that domain.

So, if the site is https://domain.com then you should use an email address ending in @domain.com. As well, your Host would need to make sure the appropriate SPF, DKIM, and rDNS records are in place for your domain.

Please check the email error logs in the ACP, though.

If there are no errors listed, that means the mail was "handed off" to the server, and at that point our software is no longer involved; it's a host issue that they or you would need to investigate further.

(It's also possible the recipient server silently rejected the mail if your server's IP or your Domain is being blacklisted by them, but that's less likely than the above.)

The original email was set to admin@forumdomain.com but I am not sure where that email is or when it was created.  I think it is the actual server email (my server is named the same as the forum) so it must forward to my normal email because I do get mail from the forum!  I also used to have a Google Suites email account of the same domain until they decided to go paid so I was concerned that it would stop working.  But I think it is OK and will wait to see if it remains usable.  Thanks for the explanation!!