Removing Html Tags from richText (description)

Howdy,
I want to remove the paragraph tag from forum descriptions, is there a way to do it?

{{if $forum->description}}
              {template="richText" group="global" app="core" location="global" params="$forum->description, array('ipsDataItem_meta', 'ipsContained')"}
        {{endif}}

I've tried with |escape:"html" but didn't seem to work

Any solution please?

Edited by drawncodes

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Depending on the reason for doing this, there might be an easier solution.

Can you elaborate on the reason?

Well I'm trying to do something what includes the forum description, but I need the content from the description without html tags.

The reason is not needed to my question actually and you know it 😛 

Edited by drawncodes

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Good luck to you in that case, as there is a reason and depending on the reason I would have offered the solution (there are 2 possibilities, you provided one)

Well thank you. 
I don't understand why you got so angry about the fact that I didn't specify the reason. This is help & support area, I asked for help / advice.
It's simple, you could've just replied with "Yes, you can use |escape:"html" but on the end of the line or something, not to ask for the reason."....

!!! The reason doesn't need to be specified. You have a lovely day.

Edited by drawncodes

I'm not angry - I just find the response discourteous to someone offering you assistance, which is what I was doing.

Someone from IPS will provide assistance instead, assuming they don't move this off elsewhere as it is customisation etc.

In the meantime, if you want to remove the HTML (you only indicated P tag) then look at the truncate() function.