One test site and one live site?

Carole Asselin

I use a "small" site as a test site. I installed the Gallery on there and tested some things. Now, I want to install it on my "live" site, but it won't let me as it says it still has one installation active. How can I have one live and one test installation as allowed? How to identify that "test" site as such? 

49 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

If it's already filled you should move the test forum to that url. Or alternatively you can try asking IPS to reset the test url for you.

Yeah, I filled it with some images (I am talking about the Gallery and not the forum) to test the functionalities. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to ask IPS to reset that.

You have nothing set on your live installation, so there would be nothing stopping you from installing this. If its live you are now doing you would not add -TESTINSTALL to the end. Please could you clarify what issue you are having?

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you clarify what issue you are having?

I had made a test installation on site A, without identifying as -TESTINSTALL, so when I wanted to try it on the real site (B), it would not let me. Since I had only played with the Site A installation with a dozen images in 3 categories and 2 members to test, I figured it would be as simple to remove both (from Sites A and B) to start from scratch. I reset the licence and I think I am set up correctly now with the -TESTINSTALL on Site A. Then, I should be able to add it to Site B without issue.

So, I think I have solved my issue with answers from this thread.

You have indeed if you have done what you said there. This is why Im not seeing any issues. You should have no problem installing a live install from what I can see at present, but if you do have any issues, of course let us know