User Forgotten Password

Go to solution Solved by Dean_,

Hello,

My team has a user that has forgotten their password. They refuse to reset their password telling our support team they do not have an account. We have repeatedly told them they have an account and told them to use the forgot password feature to reset their password. We have forced them to reset their password in the member area but is their any way for us to force the system to send them a forgotten password email from within the ACP?

Josh

• Solution
5 minutes ago, Joshua Hina said:

Hello,

My team has a user that has forgotten their password. They refuse to reset their password telling our support team they do not have an account. We have repeatedly told them they have an account and told them to use the forgot password feature to reset their password. We have forced them to reset their password in the member area but is their any way for us to force the system to send them a forgotten password email from within the ACP?

Josh

Yes. Go to ACP, then go to the user's profile. Click edit password, and then use 'force user to change password'.
That will send a link to their email address and ask them to change the password the next time they log in.

Edited by Dean_

5 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Yes. Go to ACP, then go to the user's profile. Click edit password, and then use 'force user to change password'.
That will send a link to their email address and ask them to change the password the next time they log in.

Thanks. I was not aware that that function sent out an email to the user as well. I created a ticket for her informing her that she should have a password reset email now.