Password Reset and IPS Email Issues

Good afternoon, IPS community.  Thank you all so far for helping me along my way back into the IPS world.  That said, I am having a bit of a challenge with a client's installation.  Please see their description of the situation:

"We are running into some issues with those who have tried to recover/change their password by clicking on the "forgot your password" link on the sign in page. After clicking the link and entering your registered email address associated with the account, nothing seems to happen, not even an email is sent to the address provided. I have tried it myself and I am now locked out of the site with seemingly no way to change or recover my password."

As you can see, our users are being locked out and I don't have any idea why.  I have tried to reset my own password, or send a password email to a new user, but no messages are sent.  Thank you for any help on this matter.

2 minutes ago, The Focus Elf said:

Jim, thank you, but being unfamiliar with how your software/hardware work, is there any information I could provide to them?  I see that the system is setup using PHP as the email sender, should I try SMTP?

Email provider, in this instance, would be how you have configured to send emails. As you said PHP, you would need to contact your hosting provider to see if it is configured correctly and why the server is accepting it but not sending it. I'm afraid, once we hand off the email, we have no further control over it.

That would be something you need to decide on, I'm afraid. From the software perspective, all those work fine. It would just be up to your email provider, regardless, if we are passing mail successfully to it but it is not being delivered.

If your hosting provider is difficult to work with, have you considered our Cloud?