User gets logged out when trying to submit a reply?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

This is what one of our users sent me. Does anyone know what would create this issue, or how to start troubleshooting it? 

his is the 2nd time I've logged in, spent quite a bit of time composing a technical post to try and help someone, only to find that when I hit submit, nothing is posted, and the top of the page indicates I am no longer logged in.   Hitting the back button on the browser is useless.  It looks like my session times out with no warning.  This also seems to happen if I switch tabs in the browser away from the Logic page to investigate content and then switch back to the Logic page.  I'm still in reply compose mode, and my composed text is there, but upon hitting submit, everything is lost.

Thank you!

Edited by Jamynee

• Solution

If on the login form, they are not choosing to be remembered and they are sitting idle for ~20+ minutes, their PHP session would expire and they would be logged out. This is how the software is designed to function. They would need to choose to be remembered on login and this would enable a cookie which when accessing your community again would automatically log them in again and create a new session.