Privacy policy updated message

Riccardo

When the privacy policy is updated and you force users to accept the new conditions there is not the possibility not to accept the updated conditions.

So It should be necessary to add a "Don't Accept" button in that notification page with this consequences:

- It you don't accept you can visit the forum as a guest, and your account will be deleted after xxx days.."

Privacy policies exist to protect the interests of the site owner and membership as well.  A well thought out and written privacy policy shouldn't cause any "reasonable" person to hesitate in agreeing to it. If a member refuses to accept our privacy policies or any updates to it, we should consult with our communities to determine their take on the matter to determine who is being unreasonable, "us" or the random member refusing to accept our privacy policy.

Edited by Chris Anderson

6 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

This sounds like something you should add to the policy itself. Consequences should be defined as part of the policy. 

4 hours ago, Chris Anderson said:

Privacy policies exist to protect the interests of the site owner and membership as well.  A well thought out and written privacy policy shouldn't cause any "reasonable" person to hesitate in agreeing to it. If a member refuses to accept our privacy policies or any updates to it, we should consult with our communities to determine their take on the matter to determine who is being unreasonable, "us" or the random member refusing to accept our privacy policy.

This is what I was looking for...a consequence for the user/s that does not accept the updated privacy policy.  But there is not a "I'm not agree" or "Don't accept" button that can identify the users which don't agree privacy policy update..these members continue to be a members and their data are still present in database also if they don't accept the new privacy policy.

If a user refuse to accept the privacy policy should be automatically deleted as user/member after "x" days..this is reasonable cause you don't accept how the forum threats your data so the data are completely deleted...

You could find something like that into the privacy policy updated:

"You can refuse to accept our update of privacy policy, in this case your account will be deleted in "X" days"

The users should be able to make a choice! In this version of the forum this is not possible..

Edited by Riccardo

The consequence is they don't have access.  🙂

"By using this site, you agree to the terms."  There is nothing else needed.  They either agree or don't play in the sandbox. This is not a negotiation for them to have.  🙂 

If they don't agree, they quit accessing the site.  In fact...  at the bottom of your privacy policy, simply state:

"If you don't agree with this policy, click here to navigate away from our site.  Your continued use of this site constitutes your agreement to these policies.

Edited by Randy Calvert

Hello Randy

this could be a solution, but I think this could be also a problem because of the data still present on the database like username, email, ip address..and so on..

The user that don't accept the policy will have his data still stored on my database, is it legal?

Edited by Riccardo

4 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

The user that don't accept the policy will have his data still stored in my database, is it legal?

It’s unrelated. Essentially, you are just moving over users from contract A to contract B. For the users who haven’t accepted B, contract A remains valid. But it doesn’t mean there is no contract and no right to store data or anything like that. 

@opentype

interesting and comforting, it's something I didn't know..moving from a contract to another.

My featured suggestion remain valid but I can modify the policy adding something suggeste above:

"By using this site, you accept the terms"

"If you don't accept these terms you will not have access to the forum"

and I'm not sure about this:

"If you don't accept the terms you can still navigate the forum as guest by simply deleting the cookies from this site and reconnect to the forum homepage"

Is it better to use "accept" or "agree"?

Edited by Riccardo