Hidden Posts Improvements

Day_

Hidden Posts

When a post is hidden by a moderator, the member that created the post should still be able to see the hidden post (in pink) and reason why it was hidden.

Notification

When a post is hidden, the member should also receive a notification that their post has been hidden, linking to the post which will show the reason why.

But why?

1) It eliminates the confusion, did I post that or not, I’m sure I did but where’s it gone? Now if the member repeat posts I have grounds to slap them with a warning to obey my authority.

2) I can’t expect moderators to engage privately with members over every hidden post, no member ever likes to be censored and would tie the moderators up in a back and forth but why not that or this type of conversation.

Further Suggestion

With the above, allow the option to keep the moderator anonymous to the member. Also an option to require a reason when hiding so the moderator cannot leave it blank.

Great suggestion? I thought so too.

If a post is held for approval such as the user is moderated, this actually happens. It does not happen for posts that are manually hidden. 

If this were to be done, I would prefer it being a toggle to control as I don’t want hidden posts visible to the author. (Meaning leave the functionality as-is.)

Just now, Randy Calvert said:

If a post is held for approval such as the user is moderated, this actually happens. It does not happen for posts that are manually hidden. 

Fully aware of this.