Refused: The provided PaymentMethod

ekforum

I have a question as to what this exactly means: Refused: The provided PaymentMethod was previously used with a PaymentIntent without Customer attachment, shared with a connected account without Customer attachment, or was detached from a Customer. It may not be used again. To use a PaymentMethod multiple times, you must attach it to a Customer first. 

As I am unsure what the information means exactly but looks like it is something to do with the invoice itself / integration. I am only completely guessing here, but is may be something to do with 2FA payments? I appreciate your help in advance. 

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you provide me with some context about what is being done at the time here? Are you adding a card on file, or paying for something? Also, which payment method are you referring to here?

Stripe payment. The above just shows when you go to the transaction. It should of automatically renewed as saved card on file for the automatic payment. However the above message shows under the reason why it was ‘refused’ 

So I would like to find out what caused that in order for future automatic payments not to fail.