PayPal's IPN is not tracked when a recurrent payment is cancelled

Hello,

Members are cancelling their memberships but I can't see that reflected under the "purchases" in ACP. See attachment.

I get the emails from PayPal but I can't see their cancellations reflected in ACP 😞 Isn't PayPal's IPN is tracked when a user cancels a recurrent payment?

Thanks

Could contain: Text, Page

It would only show cancelled there if the product is cancelled. They have cancelled their payment method, not the product. If its then not paid, it would expire. These are 2 different things. Payments are not the purchases themselves. A user could (for example) cancel a payment method, and when an invoice is sent at the end of the period, set up a new one. If it cancelled the product, they would not have that option

3 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Additionally, if you click the magnifier icon for the purchase, you should see PayPal Subscription info and the current status of it. IPN isn't a current thing, we haven't used it since 3.x.

I clicked the magnifier icon for the purchase, and I got the current status = active. But the user has cancelled the recurrent payment because I got PayPal's email. So, there is no way to see on ACP if the user has done that? I've been using software for ten years that told me all that.

Now, when I engage with the member in a support ticket or an email, I don't know his status because all looks good with the user, product active, and PayPal status active. But the truth is that the user has cancelled the recurrent payment and that, in my experience, 99% of the time, he is no longer interested. But there is no way to know that on ACP. Everything looks great with the user when he has actually decided to leave.

On taking a look at the exacmple there, that transaction ID does not exist in the database. The customer in question does indeed still have an active paypal subscription. If that was indeed an IPN transaction it will have been from a very old platform or different system.