Invoice Error

I need some help.

First let me say that I do not have the skills to update my site to the current version.  In fact I can not even tell you what version I have.  Back in 2019 they came out with a totally new 4.0 version that I did not understand how to use and did not possess the skills to update my site so I stopped paying the subscription fees.   I allowed someone into the site to help me with an issue a long time ago and ended up with a coinhive script hidden that took me weeks to find so I no longer let anyone have permissions into the site.  This means that it sometimes takes me weeks to figure out stuff with my limited knowledge about how this stuff works.   My site is HotAirBalloonist.com

So now that I have that out of the way here is my issue.

When I send someone an invoice they get an email with a Pay Now button.Paynow.thumb.jpg.663e6274d7fa1aff95ff220cd22162e2.jpg

The issue is that when they click on the "Pay Now" button they get an Error Message.

PayError.jpg.472bb5aecd6c80698a1d8028a9871cfb.jpg

and if they try to click on the "View Order" button they get another error message.

PayView.thumb.jpg.d61c1eefa1356a318e3addc54a555c1f.jpg

I have looked and looked to try to figure out what setting I need to change so that the person who gets an invoice by email does not get an error message when they click on the "Pay Now" button.

I wish I had the knowledge to upgrade my site but I don't and I do not have the money to pay someone to do it for me.  I have been burned in the past by letting someone into the CP of the site as well so I can not do that either. 

If someone would be kind enough to give me a little guidance I would be very grateful.  Keep in mind my knowledge is extremely limited.

Thank you so much.

Jeff A Thompson

So is the user logged in or not? 

Not every link in an email will work automatically, especially if it contains private information like an invoice does. An Ebay pay now link for example will also fail when you are not logged in with the right account. 

Thank you Nathan.  I did find that in the CP after I posted my help topic.Version.jpg.18f439264b4f983d5098d9e8ddb93f1f.jpg

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to fix my issues.

Jeff

OpenType

I am creating an invoice in the CP for the user.  The system is sending out the invoice via email.  I do not believe the user would be logged in.  They would be getting the email and trying to click on the link without being logged in.  I would like the system to take them to the invoice so they can pay the invoice.

Thank you OpenType

That is what I have done.  I have created an email that I will send out to the member in advance of the invoice informing them that they must log in first before they click on the "Pay Now" button to avoid getting the ERROR message.

You are correct that when they are not logged in and they click on the "Pay Now" button they get the error screen and many of my users would not read the instructions and complain that the system does not work.  That is why I was hoping there was a way around that.

Thank you.