Birthdays Widget

• 6 months later...

This resource will create a new birthday widget to display birthdays in the following way:

- Current day +3 days in the vertical mode (sidebar):

C9FZoyq.png

- Current day +7 days in horizontal mode (top or bottom):

fvhH2mn.png

- Widget configuration:

iIKbVaL.png

Marketplace listing will be updated when IPS 4.7.3 is out. Price will increase due to new features/additions.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bubblesnout said:

Hi, with the changes in IPS 4.7.3 that have removed the Todays Birthdays widget, will this plugin bring that functionality back?

The newest version pending approval works with 4.7.3.  It brings back the birthday widget AND even shows multiple days. (It does not use the calendar system to get data so it can work in the new version.) Check out the screenshots above. 🙂

There is a sidebar and a wider version of the widget.  (This app was originally custom developed for me, so it also has some filtering requirements I had.)

Rumor has it that Adrian is also working on a birthday full page display (that may possibly just happen to coincidentally look like a calendar as well). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for this plug-in.  For us it fills the gap that IPS left with the latest updates.

We've just purchased it for our forums and I've got a few suggestions if I may?

-1- Ability to give custom block title.  "Birthday Members" is a little odd for English speaking countries.

-2- Ability to only display the current day

-3- Ability to hide the block if there are no birthdays on the current day (in combination with point -2-)

2 minutes ago, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

-1- Ability to give custom block title.  "Birthday Members" is a little odd for English speaking countries.

It’s a language bit. You can change to whatever you want in your ACP.

2 minutes ago, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

-2- Ability to only display the current day

-3- Ability to hide the block if there are no birthdays on the current day (in combination with point -2-)

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

Hi again, the updated widget works perfectly for us, thank you very much!  One more suggestion if I may?  On the previous widget, the user shown to have a birthday was 'clickable'.  I.e. you could click through to the user's profile from the widget.  Something to consider for the next revision?

Are you saying the name or profile photo isn’t a link to the profile?

2 hours ago, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

Well...  it was when I was asked about it by one of the Moderators and I checked before I put the suggestion here.  I've just checked again and it does link to a profile.  Not sure what happened now...

Just tested and it's working fine here too:

bqtuodi.png

yCfKD56.png

OWcTH5s.png

ayjOxKI.png

Links to the profile are available for those who can view profiles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you use the widget in the sidebar, and there are 18 birthdays on a particular day (as an example), how many will display?

Any updates on a birthday page?  I'm very disappointed in IPS in removing the calendar feature.  It was one of the items that set them apart from Xenforo, and losing the ability to see birthdays is a huge setback for engagement.  I'm sure some big corporate sponsor wanted it removed, and it will now be labeled as something most of us asked for.

19 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

If you use the widget in the sidebar, and there are 18 birthdays on a particular day (as an example), how many will display?

Ugh, sorry, I see I had it set to 1.  I changed it to 999 and now a lot (site has over 10k members) showed up.

For a future update, could the widget have a scrollbar?

Thank you

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Any updates on a birthday page? 

It was a test. Not good. Dropped. 

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I changed it to 999 and now a lot (site has over 10k members) showed up.

For a future update, could the widget have a scrollbar?

No scrollbar. This is how like any other widget out there. I will decrease the max limit to 25 or 50.  Anyway, you’re free to do what you want in your install. 

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, grupots said:

After activating the plugin, the following error appears in the block manager

Could contain: Text, Page, Advertisement

If I deactivate the plugin the error disappears

Invision Community v4.7.6
Birthdays Widget 1.0.2

Tested in a fresh new default theme

I can't reproduce:

Which PHP version? Post the content of the log. Also if there are other resources, disable them all and leave only this enable to try.

------------------

EDIT:

Edited by Adriano Faria