Achievements - Adjusting points has no effect

Dean_

Hi,

Issue:

• Adjusting points on user account seems to have no effect.
  • Account History shows that I've adjusted the account as '0' and then '1'. But, the account still shows '467534 points' within ACP.

Side note:

• Points earned all seem to have the same date? (15/06/21 17:54) - Not sure if that is from the rebuild process or not? But the post date doesn't tally up with the points earned.

On 2/21/2022 at 9:20 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Also is there any particular place you are seeing this? If you have an example user we can certainly take a look.

At the time of posting I found two users.

However, following on from another topic I have. It seems any sort of action like this is not changed on the front end. 

I don’t have any caching on the server as far as I can tell (it’s a shared server). But, various parts of the ACP seem to be effected with any values changed. Both, native and 3rd party. 

It would be a help if someone could login and see it on their end to see if it’s a bigger issue. As nothing on my server has changed.

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You may wish to reach out to your hosting provider, they may be imposing some cache on your account here.

I have, I’m just awaiting the reply.

Would someone be able to still login and confirm? Welcome to use any of the early accounts to change points.

1 minute ago, Dean_ said:

Would someone be able to still login and confirm? Welcome to use any of the early accounts to change points.

It would be advised to wait for the response from your hosting provider. Short of hitting an error, we would not be able to tell more than you at this point if there is caching involved.

12 hours ago, Dean_ said:

I can check to see if I can see any errors while its being saved if you would like me to do that? You would need to update your access details on file if you want us to check that, as they are currently incorrect

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I can check to see if I can see any errors while its being saved if you would like me to do that? You would need to update your access details on file if you want us to check that, as they are currently incorrect

Oh, I redid the access details before making the topic.. How strange. I'll confirm them, and make any changes.

But, if you could in the meantime, Marc I'd appreciate that.

-- Details updated.

Edited by Dean_

17 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Oh, I redid the access details before making the topic.. How strange. I'll confirm them, and make any changes.

But, if you could in the meantime, Marc I'd appreciate that.

-- Details updated.

Please double check those. You have a display name added to your client area, however your login accepts only email

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please double check those. You have a display name added to your client area, however your login accepts only email

My apologies. It's a recent change and I keep getting caught out on the daily... 😂

--Updated.

Edited by Dean_

If you look at the support account, you will see I have adjusted that down to 0 with no problem. I would need more information as to what actions you take to change these, so I can advise accordingly

An example member I can take a look at where this has been changed may be helpful in me seeing whats gone on there

On 2/25/2022 at 8:42 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

If you look at the support account, you will see I have adjusted that down to 0 with no problem. I would need more information as to what actions you take to change these, so I can advise accordingly

An example member I can take a look at where this has been changed may be helpful in me seeing whats gone on there

ACP > Type: Post. It's the user in the group 'Postal Service' in brown. Has 8694 points, I've just adjusted to 0, but the points remain.

4 hours ago, Dean_ said:

ACP > Type: Post. It's the user in the group 'Postal Service' in brown. Has 8694 points, I've just adjusted to 0, but the points remain.

Thank you for providing this example. I am also able to reproduce this so transferred it to a ticket. We require some more access details, such as FTP access. Please see the email which was delivered to your email address on file for further instructions.