Group Promotions - Random Accounts Being Changed

Dean_

Hi,

I've noticed on my community that random accounts are being automatically changed via group promotion. The only setting I've enabled is yearly. So, when a user has been on the site more than 365 days, they are moved into the next group and so on. Yet, recent accounts as early as Dec are being changed into 5 years on the site, for no reason. This has only started to happen since the end of Jan.

I'm on 4.6.8, but I don't see any release notes to this issue.

Member history:
Promoted by Group Promotion Rule Second Years from First Year to Second Year.
21 hours ago - This was randomly changed again today.

Group manually changed by <my user account> from Sixth Year to First Year.
Yesterday at 15:27 - I set this user back to his original group he should be in.

Promoted by Group Promotion Rule Sixth Years from Fifth Year to Sixth Year.
Yesterday at 14:44

Promoted by Group Promotion Rule Fifth Years from Forth Year to Fifth Year.
Yesterday at 14:43

Promoted by Group Promotion Rule Forth Years from Third Year to Forth Year.
Yesterday at 14:43

Promoted by Group Promotion Rule Thrid Years from Second Year to Third Year.
Yesterday at 14:42

This has never been an issue until recently, nothing has been changed, nothing has been updated in terms of software. And, only I have access to ACP.

I'll be renewing my licence, but not quite yet, as it's already been a tough year already for me.

There were a few improvements to Group Promotions, mostly related to Achievements, over the last few releases so that would be the first recommendation here to upgrade. If you're still seeing the same issue on the latest release, we can then investigate further.

23 hours ago, Jim M said:

There were a few improvements to Group Promotions, mostly related to Achievements, over the last few releases so that would be the first recommendation here to upgrade. If you're still seeing the same issue on the latest release, we can then investigate further.

Well I've upgraded. But, another issue is that I'm finding settings are also being reset randomly. I know you don't support 3rd party apps, but for it to randomly reset my config is odd, especially since I haven't changed any settings.

Added to the developer's support topic too, just in case.

As you've done, bringing this up to the developer is the best route to test this so they can review how they are storing settings. It could be something has been deprecated thus the setting was dropped, etc... It would be up to the author to resovle.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

As you've done, bringing this up to the developer is the best route to test this so they can review how they are storing settings. It could be something has been deprecated thus the setting was dropped, etc... It would be up to the author to resovle.

Thank you, I'll keep an eye out for the group promo issue.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:38 PM, Jim M said:

Hi,

This is starting to affect various parts of my site now. Using another application, 3rd party, and I cannot save any new settings. This cannot be a coincidence, surely?

The database shows the correct values, but it's not being represented on the front end?

Edited by Dean_

53 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Its caching on the server side which isnt connected to the ACP. Thats something you would need to check with your hosting company

Is this going to be the same issue for adjusting points within the Achievement app. I've excluded a group, but they still earn points. I've adjusted the account to show '0', but within ACP it still shows the points they had, but the account history shows that's I adjusted the points to '0'?

5 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Is this going to be the same issue for adjusting points within the Achievement app. I've excluded a group, but they still earn points. I've adjusted the account to show '0', but within ACP it still shows the points they had, but the account history shows that's I adjusted the points to '0'?

Its very unlikely