Notifications problem

Balto

Hello guys,

since some time, the users of my forum have problem with the notifications. This is a report I received from one of my users, with many other users confirming they have the same problem:

Notifications (of quotes, tags,...) haven't been working properly for weeks...they keep popping up as new/not read even though I've seen them and the related posts many times, and newer ones appear much later than they should.

Does anyone know what is the problem and how can I fix it? Is it a problem of Invision Community software or a database/hosting provider problem?

Thank you in advance!

24 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would need some examples of this if possible, so I can investigate and see whats going on there for you

Hello Marc,

how can I show the examples to you? Another user posted this:

Yeah the notifications appears only after refreshing the page (it happened for a couple of days) to me too

In general, it looks like the notifications are a bit late and sometimes the notifications already seen still appear as new (in bold) after you refresh the page. Maybe I can try to refresh the cache?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I think that may be a misunderstanding. Items in bold are the items themselves that are unread. Refreshing the page would not stop them being bold. Only visiting the item would. 

With "visiting them" you mean clicking on them directly from the notification page/box? Or just by visiting the page (for example in case of a quote/reaction)?

9 hours ago, Pescao6 said:

Few things I'd check:

• Are you using IPS 4.6.10?
  • Do you have the gmp php extension enabled on your host?
  • Are you using a cron job or running the task method with traffic?

Im not sure what the relevance of the latter 2 would be there. The issue here is simply that the notifications have not been clicked into, as mentioned above