User problem after converting from VB4

Hey,

I converted from VB4 to Invision. Almost everything works like a charm, except one issue.

It lookes like, I had many accounts which used the same e-mail adress (that was okay and I was aware of that). But now after I converted the forum, only one single account survived and all others are now marked as "guest USERNAME".

Example:

Before:

Name / E-Mail Adress
User1 / user@test.com
User2 / user@test.com
User2 / user@test.com

Now:

Name / E-Mail Adress
User1 / user@test.com
guest User1
guest User2

--> Is there a way to create a new account for user1 and user2 and give them all old posts back?  

Welcome to Ipb.

It looks like you did not select the option to merge users with the same email address before you converted them. 

Anyways, personally I think that it would be easier to re-do the conversion again, but selecting the merge option for the same email addresses. 

Edited by Miss_B

26 minutes ago, el-le said:

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately that won't be possible, since the forum is up and running since 2 months now again. 

Then unfortunately there is no default/out of the box method of restoring all of the posts to users.  The new board has no concept of the duplicate users being a different account.  As far as IPB is concerned, it's all one account.  Sorry.  😞 

2 hours ago, el-le said:

Thanks for the answers!

That is a pity, I thought I could somehow filter all posts from "guest User1" and merge them to the new user or similar.

You can run a few sql queries, but the proper way to do this is through a custom app.