ACP session timeout

Before 4.6.x the ACP timeout respected the session.gc_maxlifetime value in the PHP configuration, mine is set to 28800 seconds.

image.png.0d6198f9fd307f1eab5ba54f862c5fdb.png

But after I upgraded to 4.6.2 last year the timeout has been 60 minutes, is there any way of increasing this now?

All I can find is the DEV_DISABLE_ACP_SESSION_TIMEOUT option for constants.php, but I want this for a production environment.

(Not entirely sure this happened exactly when going to 4.6.2, but it was around that time)

Edited by sbr

Thanks for your answer Marc!

I'm the only one with access to the ACP on my site, and I work in it all day so the timeout is just an annoyance.

Is it something I can change myself with your instructions? Or does it require modified files you provide or something like that?

• 1 month later...

I would be interested in being able to control session expiration as well.  Don't want to do it if it is a pain, but I have never been a fan of setting time limits.  I often leave the site open during work and check it from time to time, but I have to keep logging in - I feel like this might be a deterrent to people staying on the site.  I would rather risk a small security issue and make it easier for members to keep interacting with the site, rather than get logged out, and get frustrated.  Thanks - just my opinion...

Okay, thanks.  That makes sense as I am still setting up and have only been using the admin side.  Is there a way to change the timeout for the frontend, or is that just for me when I use admin CP.  I feel like I saw a setting somewhere but can't find it now.  Thanks in advance,

Drew