"The link could not be embedded"

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

When anyone tries to embed videos in my forum by typing out the video, they're getting the error: "The link could not be embedded because www.youtube.com does not allow embedding of that video."  Happens with youtube and youtu.be.  Strangely, if I add the "embed video" button to the toolbar, that actually works (see below).

I have the latest version of Invision Community with the default theme (I have one css modification), and I generally use cloudflare.  I have 14 plugins and applications that are up to date.

I can embed here on this forum, so I'm not sure what else I'm doing wrong or what's failing where.

For troubleshooting up to this point:

• I cleared caches
  • I disabled cloudflare
  • I disabled all of the plugins and applications
  • Switched to newly-created fully vanilla theme
  • Updated all software and OS on the server itself 
  • Updated from php7.3 to php7.4.

This started happening about last month, with no changes on our end so I'm not sure where it's faltering.  Does anyone else have issues automatically embedding videos on their forums?

Please see screenshots with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFNekjEgvuk:

image.png.ce4d1b0a4f0420902997c7378a0bec0c.png

image.png.28892191a1a7785aa4cbc4ec87511b50.png

I can add an "embed youtube video" button (notice it exists in the following screenshots) and that works, so the video itself can be embedded:

image.png.b51d7fb1f94e55ab99ee7b32a10f2fff.png

image.png.52787e3ba4010b0a5db4888ac4d8e6e9.png

And finally, embedding does work here:

Edited by Pleeb

On 1/2/2022 at 11:56 AM, Daniel F said:

I've tried to check your log but couldn't log in.

Please ensure that the admin account which we have on file has permissions to access the ACP and view the system log.

I just set the admin account now.  Also, I noticed the big red " Maintenance Tasks Not Running " banner at the top of my acp this morning.  Evidently I had to change "/usr/bin/php" to "/usr/bin/php7.4", since I had multiple versions of PHP running and running the script with php8 results in errors.  This isn't related, but I figured I'd let you know.

The "IPS Temp Admin" password has been updated as per instructions in ACP and I confirmed the user is in the administrator group.  Please let me know how else I could help.

On 1/10/2022 at 4:59 AM, Daniel F said:

Hi,

unfortunately the account which we have on file has no permissions to access the ACP.

@Daniel F

I tried signing in with that account in the ACP at community.tulpa.info/admin/ using the "IPS Temp Admin" account and it works fine using the account information provided in the ACP console when I click on "Support."  Do you want me to PM you the password that it gives me?  Note there's no space in the password, I don't know if you're using a space or anything.  What error do you get when trying to sign in?  I get a 2fa prompt.

image.png.0f2c82170d56de0733e846c2d903a02c.png

image.png.c3e12c433af8fd25d4e2a18762efca44.png

image.png.c42c94dbbc33cf11fa83be934bc7b7cf.png

OK thx, yea we have the old account details in the client area.

3 hours ago, Pleeb said:

Do you want me to PM you the password that it gives me? 

No, please use the official way with updating the details in the client area https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/ selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

4 hours ago, Daniel F said:

OK thx, yea we have the old account details in the client area.

No, please use the official way with updating the details in the client area https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/ selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

I updated the client area with the information.