Self Hosting Help

I'm trying to configure my IPS properly but I seem to be running into issues here and there. I am getting 403 errors when i am trying to do certain things such as simply paste google analytics code into integration or when i was setting up a product i pasted a download page in client area and when i went to save the product it throws a 403 error. 

I do not have no error or system logs.

Yea, the 403 error sounds indeed like a web application firewall being in place.

I would contact your webhost to see if a WAF or something similar is in place and if yes, if they could see which rule was triggered and to adjust/deactivate it because it were valid requests.

i think its this host messing stuff up, lol. i messaged them about waf they messaged me back said its resolved. whole site is throwing 404 errors on public pages, and in very few spots in admin cp i get 403 errors still. This is Namecheap btw. i guess you get what you pay for. Can anyone recommend a proper host?

Well now they are telling me it is modsecurity

16 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

As you said, you get what you pay for.. The best host for your IC installation is probably going to be IPS 😉
https://invisioncommunity.com/buy

I've recently even moved all my domains away from namecheap, I'm really not a huge fan of them

I literally just bought 2 licenses for 650$ each, is there anyway we can transfer these into account credit? if not i dont think this option is viable right now haha. 

The name cheap person told me this:

Thank you for waiting. According to my check, the issue can be connected to the .htaccess file. Most probably, some rules were missed. Please check it on your side.

but i only have this in the htaaccess file

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

9 minutes ago, NightOwlHacks984 said:

The name cheap person told me this:

Thank you for waiting. According to my check, the issue can be connected to the .htaccess file. Most probably, some rules were missed. Please check it on your side.

but i only have this in the htaaccess file

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

OK let's get this fixed:)
1. Where is this htaccess file located? In the same directory as your community? If it's in the same directory, THEN you're not using the IPS rewrite rules, hence you should make sure that the ACP  => System => Search Engine Optimization - Rewrite URLs? Setting is disabled.

If you want to have the rewrite rules enabled, you have to make sure that their htaccess content + yours from IPS is present!

I assume all this happened once they(or you ) disabled the WAF settings ( that's literally what these 2 lines are doing) to fix your initial issue:D

So they, or you have probably replaced the existing htaccess IPS file.

8 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

OK let's get this fixed:)
1. Where is this htaccess file located? In the same directory as your community? If it's in the same directory, THEN you're not using the IPS rewrite rules, hence you should make sure that the ACP  => System => Search Engine Optimization - Rewrite URLs? Setting is disabled.

If you want to have the rewrite rules enabled, you have to make sure that their htaccess content + yours from IPS is present!

I assume all this happened once they(or you ) disabled the WAF settings ( that's literally what these 2 lines are doing) to fix your initial issue:D

So they, or you have probably replaced the existing htaccess IPS file.

i enabled friendly urls without uploading the access file, but i have since downloaded the htaccess file that invision supplied, i uploaded it to the root directy with invision. it didnt do nothing i cleared site cache. I have disabled friendly urls and all my pages but admin cp is getting 404 still.

the provided htaccess file doesnt seem to be working with friendly urls enabled. it tooks a minute for the site to fix itself when i disabled it, i can get back into my site for now. How would I go about getting friendly urls to work ?

nvm the problem was the file wasnt saved ass .htaccess it was htaccess. everything is working proper. thank you!!!!!!!