Enhanced Member Widgets (Support Topic)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 1:47 AM, ZLTRGO said:

Hi,

Really like this plugin but could you maybe look at the suggestion below.

Maybe able to change the order like this aka switch this:
O376dKw.png

or even better make it "one line" aka smaller/in one column like this: (only for the "WIDE" widget)

xxLUHAU.png

And option to also display their names somehow would be great 😮

Kind Regards

Agreed, glad I saw this before purchasing.

Sorry, but it’s simply a failure to understand responsive web design. You can’t take one screenshot and move things around to “solve” something (e.g filling white-space), because that “solution” would likely break the display in other situations you haven’t considered. For example: Users can have ANY screen width, from a few hundreds pixels to a couple of thousand. The layout needs to work in any of them at the same time! And the content is dynamic too. There are 5 people online in this screenshot. But what if it’s 50? There is column that gets activated when there are invisible users, but just because it isn’t in the screenshot, you don’t consider it. But I do have considered all these parameters and that’s why it looks the way it does. 

Edited by opentype

@Yamamura I explained myself with words, so what I think can be considered and possibly discussed. Like an adult. Reacting just with laughter is kind of childish and pathetic. If you have something to say, say it, so we can judge whether it’s justified and reasonable or not. Let’s see who’s position is actually “laughable“. 

On 9/28/2021 at 6:04 PM, opentype said:

Sorry, but it’s simply a failure to understand responsive web design. You can’t take one screenshot and move things around to “solve” something (e.g filling white-space), because that “solution” would likely break the display in other situations you haven’t considered. For example: Users can have ANY screen width, from a few hundreds pixels to a couple of thousand. The layout needs to work in any of them at the same time! And the content is dynamic too. There are 5 people online in this screenshot. But what if it’s 50? There is column that gets activated when there are invisible users, but just because it isn’t in the screenshot, you don’t consider it. But I do have considered all these parameters and that’s why it looks the way it does. 

Essentially, this widget is suited only to the sidebar and you should just say that. It does not format automatically in an visually appealing way when used in the main body.

Odd that you blame this on "a failure to understand responsive web design" though, as we have and use other widgets that seem to have no problem responsively adapting to various widget locations.

3 hours ago, Emediate said:

Essentially, this widget is suited only to the sidebar and you should just say that.

I will not say that because it is not true.

Feel free to make your subjective assessment of what you find “visually appealing” based on a single screenshot if you must. But that doesn’t make it true for everyone, nor will it create a need for me to declare the same.

In fact, when I was working on this template, I started with the main column and I was working in the main column most of the time! So it IS expressly designed to work there. 

• 2 months later...