Using IPS ID To Login To Wordpress Site - anyone doing this?

FYI, if you haven't run across it, there's also this:

I don't use it, and the description sounds like it uses Wordpress as the main authentication mechanism.

We do use OAuth for backend systems integrated with IPS similarly to how is described in what you linked. You receive a prompt asking you to authorize the login and approve the scopes, and it's not quite streamlined, but it works. We don't use it in a public facing capacity, yet for backend things it works just fine.

15 hours ago, CoffeeCake said:

FYI, if you haven't run across it, there's also this:

I don't use it, and the description sounds like it uses Wordpress as the main authentication mechanism.

We do use OAuth for backend systems integrated with IPS similarly to how is described in what you linked. You receive a prompt asking you to authorize the login and approve the scopes, and it's not quite streamlined, but it works. We don't use it in a public facing capacity, yet for backend things it works just fine.

Thanks for the link and comments.

22 hours ago, jackflash said:

however we want users to be able to use their IPS credentials to login to a Wordpress (subdomain) site using this plugin

Hi @jackflash

It sounds like you need to go with option B in that Help Guide you linked to. IPS designed it to work either way, you choose which end you want the credential server to be.

😀

Well I finally gave this a go and I couldn't get it to work. I kept getting a 401 error when testing the connection and their plug-in was saying I was trying to use OAuth instead of OAuth2 in IPS. I also tried the Custom option instead of the Invision option in the WP plug-in, in case.

I was following Option B IPS as the server, but I think in fairness it was very likely my fault because I was working on a WP staging site for a client which currently requires a PW to log into as yet so I think that was affecting the redirect. I even tried disabling Cloudflare on it in case.

BTW the guidance seems to be somewhat outdated, screenshots, some typos, no mention of installing a htaccess etc, so I reported to let them know there's been some changes.

Sorry I couldn't confirm for you, I will definitely be using it when the WP site launches and I think it will work.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 5:20 PM, The Old Man said:

Well I finally gave this a go and I couldn't get it to work. I kept getting a 401 error when testing the connection and their plug-in was saying I was trying to use OAuth instead of OAuth2 in IPS. I also tried the Custom option instead of the Invision option in the WP plug-in, in case.

I was following Option B IPS as the server, but I think in fairness it was very likely my fault because I was working on a WP staging site for a client which currently requires a PW to log into as yet so I think that was affecting the redirect. I even tried disabling Cloudflare on it in case.

BTW the guidance seems to be somewhat outdated, screenshots, some typos, no mention of installing a htaccess etc, so I reported to let them know there's been some changes.

Sorry I couldn't confirm for you, I will definitely be using it when the WP site launches and I think it will work.

Thanks for the. note - sorry that I missed reading it earlier.  I'll give it a go next week.