Gift Cards as tip to member.

Ocean West

I don't sell merchandise so the point of gift cards really doesn't do much for me. 

What i would like for it to do is allow you to buy a "GIFT CARD" and send it to another member they can request a payout.

• I send $25 to someone by choosing their member name so don't have to request their email.
  • They receive normal notification from site showing someone sent them $ gratitude for helping with their issue
  • Use at their leisure can request the site for a payout ( less merchant fees )
  • The site pushes funds from payPal to them
  • Perhaps an ephemeral badge is indicated somewhere?

Interesting idea @Ocean West

When you say request a payout, can you expand on that please? 

I know we are building our own Achievements system, but maybe the Jackal's member shop app will work (though I believe they are going to pass that app to someone eventually and it's not been updated since October). 

There's a donation system in it. You can donate points but set up in the rules to have the points worth actual dollars. 

I'm not sure the system (with the members bank and withdrawals) will suffice but perhaps it's worth looking into? Just thinking out loud 😅

The idea is kind of like payouts if you sell something in the marketplace after they sell something a request is made to admin for a withdraw and send the net proceeds ( Sales - Listing Fees - Merchant Fees ) 

A gift card could work the same way to pay it forward thanking someone with a tip or help for a problem. 

Ideally & alternatively if each user had ability to add encrypted their own PayPal, Vimeo, or Stripe account API & Account credentials, a user could send money directly to that party and we wouldn't necessarily be party to the transaction. 

16 hours ago, Ocean West said:

The idea is kind of like payouts if you sell something in the marketplace after they sell something a request is made to admin for a withdraw and send the net proceeds ( Sales - Listing Fees - Merchant Fees ) 

A gift card could work the same way to pay it forward thanking someone with a tip or help for a problem. 

Ideally & alternatively if each user had ability to add encrypted their own PayPal, Vimeo, or Stripe account API & Account credentials, a user could send money directly to that party and we wouldn't necessarily be party to the transaction. 

I like this idea a lot. 

I kind of had a similar idea regarding "payouts." Check this out: