Pages block in sidebar?

flimmer

Hi

I created a database for articles after we added Pages to our system. Created some articles and a menu item for this, where they are listed. Works well. But I would like to have the last 5 articles in the sidebar, just like we have with topics. But if I try to add a block to the sidebar that is a "plugin" with list of articles, it says that it cannot be displayed in the sidebar, and that I have to move it somewhere else. Isn't it possible to have a list of for example 5 latest articles in the sidebar?

Thanks 

41 minutes ago, flimmer said:

Hi

I created a database for articles after we added Pages to our system. Created some articles and a menu item for this, where they are listed. Works well. But I would like to have the last 5 articles in the sidebar, just like we have with topics. But if I try to add a block to the sidebar that is a "plugin" with list of articles, it says that it cannot be displayed in the sidebar, and that I have to move it somewhere else. Isn't it possible to have a list of for example 5 latest articles in the sidebar?

Thanks 

I guess you are using a template that is not made for the sidebar. But you can create regular feed blocks with Pages that work in the sidebar and look exactly like the default blocks for forum entries. 

Just go to Pages → Blocks in the ACP, create a new block, select “Record Feed” and follow the instruction to create your “Custom Block”.