How to Restore a Deleted Member

Greetings! 

I was reviewing a group in my IPS System. The the right of each group name is a column titled "Members". When I click on the number indicating the number of members in the group, it takes me to to a list of each member in that group. It also gives me the option to delete the user. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of thinking I was removing the member from the group when, in fact, it deletes the member for IPS! 

Is there a way to restore the member?

Thank you!

Not natively, unfortunately. You could restore from a backup, but then you lose any changes between now and the time the backup was taken, or manually recreate the member. All of the member's posts and other content will now be associated with no account (guest).

Beyond that, you'd be delving into a dark journey into recreating SQL rows and foreign keys, and that's outside of the scope of what would be safe for a novice to attempt. If you have a backup to compare against, that would probably make this easier to attempt.

8 hours ago, MJG LBA said:

Greetings! 

I was reviewing a group in my IPS System. The the right of each group name is a column titled "Members". When I click on the number indicating the number of members in the group, it takes me to to a list of each member in that group. It also gives me the option to delete the user. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of thinking I was removing the member from the group when, in fact, it deletes the member for IPS! 

Is there a way to restore the member?

Thank you!

If you do not want to loose content, meaning restoring the backup, you can have that member re-register, or create an account manually for him/her, then you can re-assign their posts/topics with a few sql queries.

Thank you very much for the responses! 

I was able to restore the IPS SQL DB. There was very little to lose in doing so as the time between the account deletion and the last backup was minimal. 

I find it odd that users cannot be added/removed from the group while in the group but instead must be done at the individual user's profile. Being able to add/remove members on the fly or on larger numbers would be helpful. Perhaps I'm missing something?

If you choose to "delete" a member, then you delete the member. You are not "deleting from a group". I'm afraid this is simply how it works.

When you go to delete a member, do you not get a popup similar to the following? Is there a way to make this modal clearer that might help prevent confusion in the future perhaps?

image.png