ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Myself and my co-admin keep getting the "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" when editing some PMs and topics which include images, and it does disconnect my board for several minutes at a time.
I did a quick Google search, and it brought it back to Chrome, and I did try and troubleshoot using their suggestions, however, none are working.

Is this something to do with IPS, or would it be my host?

We are getting this issue:

spacer.png

This is almost certainly some sort of server issue - unfortunately I couldn't begin to guess what. You may be able to start by reviewing server error logs to see if perhaps an Apache plugin is crashing or something along those lines.

If you use a CDN like Cloudfront, you may wish to temporarily bypass it for further testing to see if a more concrete error response is returned.

50 minutes ago, bfarber said:

This is almost certainly some sort of server issue - unfortunately I couldn't begin to guess what. You may be able to start by reviewing server error logs to see if perhaps an Apache plugin is crashing or something along those lines.

If you use a CDN like Cloudfront, you may wish to temporarily bypass it for further testing to see if a more concrete error response is returned.

I checked the error logs within my Admin CP, and there are no errors being reported via the Server Error Log.

As far as I am aware, I am not using any kind of CDN or Cloudfront at all. It is weird it is doing this for a brand-new PM post, when the previous PMs have more images and commentary than what it being attempted in.

Edited by MNOfficial

20 hours ago, Paul E. said:

Have you checked your PHP error logging and logs to see if it's a timeout error? It sounds like a timeout error.

I did, and have not seen anything, especially since it was happening within seconds. So, I don't know if it was necessarily a timeout error, and, if it was, the PHP Error Log is not alerting me of it.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, MNOfficial said:

I checked the error logs within my Admin CP, and there are no errors being reported via the Server Error Log.

As far as I am aware, I am not using any kind of CDN or Cloudfront at all. It is weird it is doing this for a brand-new PM post, when the previous PMs have more images and commentary than what it being attempted in.

I meant the server level error logs, which aren't available in your AdminCP and are separate from your php error log. Where they are located will depend upon what webserver software you are using and what operating system you are using typically.

On 1/18/2021 at 9:54 AM, bfarber said:

I meant the server level error logs, which aren't available in your AdminCP and are separate from your php error log. Where they are located will depend upon what webserver software you are using and what operating system you are using typically.

Oh, okay. I will have to go take a look into it.