Hosting for a blog

Alexey Martin

10 minutes ago, Alexey Martemyanov said:

I have plans to start my own blog and use IPS Community Pages Aplication for this purpose.

If you only plan to host a blog, not use the forum or any of the other applications, then there are far better options.

11 minutes ago, Alexey Martemyanov said:

Could anyone reccomend safe hosting-platform where CMS of IPS Community may be installed with no problems.

But if you really want to use Invision Community, have you considered their cloud option? If not, it should be easily installed on every serious hosting provider.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Alexey Martemyanov said:

Is https://wordpress.org/ right idea for a blog?

WordPress is an option, yes. It depends on your requirements and plans for the future of the blog, but WordPress should work well.

10 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Pages is amazing and powerful. It allows for you to build a community around your blog as you grow.

I agree, but for a basic blog without any significant community features there are far better options. It's like living in the city and driving a huge SUV everywhere. Yes, it works, but maybe a smaller car would be better?

19 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Pages is amazing and powerful. It allows for you to build a community around your blog as you grow.

Yes, thank you. Pages are great idea. I have already used IPS Community for another website before so there is no need to change one for another.

Edited by Alexey Martemyanov