Giving free year subscribtion to everybody, how?

Hello.

I also administer an IPB forum from a friend of mine. He has the commerce package.

Several over his users are having a paid subscribtion for a year, to get extra access to things and forums. After a year they can decide to get a new subsribtion for a year.

Now their forum/club exists for 15 years and they want to give any user registered at that moment, a free 1 year subscribtion. Ofcourse to be fair to the paying members, they also have to get this 1 year free subscribtion added to their current running subscribtion.

Is it possible to do this an easy way? Or do we have to add the year subscribtion manually some how to the currect subscribers? Or other solution?

28 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

??

Sorry, I was not as clear as I could have been. IPS doesn't have an automated way to give members subscriptions in bulk. To do so, you'll need to add them one by one, clicking through the ACP, or need to do something like build something that uses the API, or directly add the necessary data in the SQL database. 

Not impossible, but you're going to have to do a lot of manual work or build something that does it for you.

Ah oke. I was thinkin in a way like create a seperate subscribtion for 1 year invoice for an amount of 0 euro (so free subscribtion). Then charge all users (or certain usergroups) with this subscribtion. Not sure if it can be done this way.

And I thought that if I would add this to subscribers, the subscribtion would take place concurrently instead of seperately (so counting up, 6 months will get 1 year and 6 months), I don't know how to write this correctly in English.

But if I understand you correctly, this isn't possible?

Now my friend does not have that many subscribers, so would my first idea be possible with Commerce? Or is it totally impossible to charge all users (or a complete group) with a free subscribtion?

@EudemonYou might want to start your own thread for this, because yours is a different problem and with Commercie it's fairly easy possible to create subscribtions which do expire.

Edited by Black Tiger

I'm not real good in SQL indeed. And it's for my friend, I only help him with support and updates. I have given him the options which he can consider.

I think he will either put the closed things open manually for a year, or think about another nice thing for the users for the 15 year anniversary of his forums.

thanks!

Edited by Black Tiger