An error occurred (500 Error)

Hi, I don't know where to post this, I was trying to install an application I have developed on my test bench and I have tried to upload it to my live site, and the admin CP broke, my application does not mess with anything admin CP Related.

Everytime I try to access the admin CP, I get this error, please help me since this is an issue with my live site my users will be effected :c

tMrmys6c.png

Oh... I never used it, actually. Just linked. 

I would remove the app folder from the applications folder via FTP, delete its entry from core_applications table and then delete all files from datastore folder. That would force the cache files to rebuild. 

But that’s me. I really don’t want to convince you to do anything. I would make a full backup before trying that. 

Do it at your own risk.

33 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Oh... I never used it, actually. Just linked. 

I would remove the app folder from the applications folder via FTP, delete its entry from core_applications table and then delete all files from datastore folder. That would force the cache files to rebuild. 

But that’s me. I really don’t want to convince you to do anything. I would make a full backup before trying that. 

Do it at your own risk.

I just rewinded my files to yesterdays

Everytime I try to reinstall my application, the error appears, I am not sure what's wrong with my application. is there a way to debug this?

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Add:

\define( 'DEV_USE_WHOOPS', TRUE );

to your constants.php of your dev install and run the app with IN_DEV enabled to see if some error popup.

Should I install the application after adding those two?

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Add:

\define( 'DEV_USE_WHOOPS', TRUE );

to your constants.php of your dev install and run the app with IN_DEV enabled to see if some error popup.

I added that to my dev branch, and no error is popping up, I visited both controllers of my application, or where does the error appears?

I got to output the exception, if someone can take a look at this and tell me what's wrong that would be nice.

object(UnexpectedValueException)#43 (7) { ["message":protected]=> string(0) "" ["string":"Exception":private]=> string(0) "" ["code":protected]=> int(0) ["file":protected]=> string(51) "/home/lynxkiko/forums/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php" ["line":protected]=> int(861) ["trace":"Exception":private]=> array(3) { [0]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(56) "/home/lynxkiko/forums/forums/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php" ["line"]=> int(120) ["function"]=> string(11) "getTemplate" ["class"]=> string(10) "IPS\_Theme" ["type"]=> string(2) "->" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(6) "global" [1]=> string(4) "core" } } [1]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(61) "/home/lynxkiko/forums/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php" ["line"]=> int(109) ["function"]=> string(4) "init" ["class"]=> string(21) "IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin" ["type"]=> string(2) "->" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } [2]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(44) "/home/lynxkiko/forums/forums/admin/index.php" ["line"]=> int(14) ["function"]=> string(1) "i" ["class"]=> string(15) "IPS\_Dispatcher" ["type"]=> string(2) "::" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } } ["previous":"Exception":private]=> NULL }

42 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Templates error always sucks to narrow.

I suggest you to check your templates. There’s something wrong with one of them.

It may help you to find out: https://www.php.net/manual/en/class.unexpectedvalueexception.php

I see, I currently can't access the admin panel, but when I do is there a way to reset to default template?

19 hours ago, bfarber said:

Upgrade to the latest 4.5.1 release to see if this resolves your issue. There was a problem parsing certain template output plugins which may explain the error.

Thanks the update seem to have fixed it! 🙂 This topic can be closed.