Ban Reason

Morrigan

So when you ban a member (this includes the auto bans due to spam defense system) its hard to tell WHY the member was banned. Were they banned because they broke a rule, because they were a spammer, because they used the F bomb too many times? WHO KNOWS? because when you ban you have time and that's it. It should be placed sort of like a moderator note. Something that the admin determines if its shown ACP or in the members profile or not.

I've had members banned for years that may or may not deserve an appeal. But it would be nice to read a deatailed note on how "thread X and thread Y (with links)" were some of the reasons they were banned.

• 3 years later...

I agree with @Morrigan. Nearly 4 years on from his post, and I am a bit frustrated with the moderation and ban systems. It is way more difficult and disjointed than it need be, with no real options to track historical moderation problems and add notes with a ban. I'd also like to have a message display to the banned member with a reason.

I won't get into this too much now - I am hoping there will be significant improvements with V5 and my comments here will be moot.