Facebook promotion error

Hey team,

I'm trying to set up Facebook promotion in the admin panel in my forum. 

I run into this error when trying to link my account: 

Invalid Scopes: manage_pages, publish_pages, publish_to_groups. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions

248419711_ScreenShot2020-05-22at8_42_49AM.thumb.png.5c43d0fdc179c3edf51e3ea97bad3924.png

I'm not sure what to even do next or how to fix. Anyone have any ideas? I'd be greatly appreciative!

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Just wanted to follow up. Been going nuts trying to get this to work. Anyone figure it out yet? 

I tried and tried and eventually gave up too. I do wish there was an updated guide for this. Last time I checked, it was outdated. 

10 hours ago, Eudemon said:

welp I don't even know how to get pass facebook's review of granting those permission so I can use the promote option in the first place

I was on chat with FB support yesterday and they were low-key kinda useless. I even had to ask if I was speaking to a human or a bot 😂 

I am going to make this a priority. If we can more easily share FB content that would be huge. 

11 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

I was on chat with FB support yesterday and they were low-key kinda useless. I even had to ask if I was speaking to a human or a bot 😂 

I am going to make this a priority. If we can more easily share FB content that would be huge. 

were you granted those permission in developer api? if so, how?

23 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

What permissions? 

manage_pages, publish_pages, publish_to_groups and in my case also read_pages or something like that

they want login and video demo for every single permission above, since the feature is not enabled i have no idea how to hecking provide that

tried using sandbox account but i got a different error

34 minutes ago, Eudemon said:

manage_pages, publish_pages, publish_to_groups and in my case also read_pages or something like that

they want login and video demo for every single permission above, since the feature is not enabled i have no idea how to hecking provide that

tried using sandbox account but i got a different error

I was advised to create a test app to do this. Not sure if that answers anything. TBH this entire thing feels overly complicated lol. 

3 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

I was advised to create a test app to do this. Not sure if that answers anything. TBH this entire thing feels overly complicated lol. 

agree, they prob overly try to prevent api abuse since cambridge analytica

but we just want to be able to pose on our own page lol

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...