Replace home page?

Right now I have my IPB install tucked away in a /community subdirectory. This makes for some slightly awkward URLS like domain.com/community/blogs and domain.com/community/store

I would like to move IPB into our root domain directory, but I have my PHP website that is separate. I don't want to use IPB for my main website, because the site does exactly what I want and loads faster than a CMS system would.

How can I make it so navigating to domain.com or domain.com/index.php will show my own custom site, but domain.com/blogs or domain.com/forums will show IPB?

If you already have another script instaleld in the root of your server, you can not move Ipb in the root as well. What you described can be done by renaming the community folder to forums. Like that it will show as  domain.com/forums. 

What php script are you using as homepage btw?

1 hour ago, Miss_B said:

What you described can be done by renaming the community folder to forums. Like that it will show as  domain.com/forums. 

That won't solve his problem: /forums/ will still appear in the name for all other apps as before, because that's where the IC installation is placed: domain.com/forums/blog, domain.com/forums/store etc.

One thing you could consider is removing your community to a subdomain. That would give you community.domain.com as one of the apps (say Forums, and the app-specific /forums would still work too), community.domain.com/blogs, community.domain.com/store etc.

Another solution would be to still run your own script but within Pages. Your IC installation would be at domain.com and the default app would be Pages, with the default page your own custom one.